We had a really fun Christmas in Colorado with my family. We got to spend a lot of lazy time hanging around the house and playing with the girls. Avery was finally getting good at knowing which uncle was which by the end of the trip.
The trip was a huge treat for me because my mom basically took over taking care of my girls and I got to sit around and be lazy for the whole two weeks. That was the best Christmas present I could have asked for!
We got in on Christmas Eve and Santa stopped by for a visit before he left to make his rounds!
He brought Avery a "bu-lella" !! Just what she asked for!
Kendall is super clingy to me, but Uncle Bryce got her to let him snuggle her.
She has gotten WAY better about letting other people hold her after being passed around a bunch during our visit. I hope she stays that way! It will make my life so much easier!
Santa brought a giant bear!
It snowed on Christmas!
Avery liked it better once we got some boots on her.
Uncle Bryce explaining how to play Candy Land while Avery pays close attention.
Still working on colors, but she liked the game!
Shoveling snow with Grandpa the next day.
And building a snowman!
Both the girls loved the snowman and went to look at him every time we went outside.
Building a fort with Uncle Bryce.
Kendall went exploring!
Avery working out with me and my mom. My mom rocked the workouts I pulled up for us! I hope I'm as in shape when I'm 50!
Avery napping on the stairs.
Kendall helping Grammy with the Christmas cards.
Checking out the Christmas lights on the mansion.
We got to see the Andersons while we were both in Broomfield. Avery and Raleigh were cute little buds. We miss them so much!
Avery playing with her magnetic sand stuff Santa brought her.
Grammy snuggling the girls while they watch Snow White.
This was basically my whole vacation. Camped out on the couch with a book. Talk about vacation!
My mom also got me a coloring book for Christmas so I did a lot of that. Very stress-relieving!
We went to a "noon-years" celebration at the library with my cousin and his kid who is Avery's age. They had magician and then counted down to the New Year at noon. Avery and Rhett were captivated!
The kiddos after the show.
Kendall was obsessed with this rocking caterpillar. She would rock and rock and say "woah woah!!" the whole time. So adorable!
Avery napping on the couch.
Kendall warming up to Grandma.
Kendall getting a lotion massage from Grammy.
Reclining with the giant bear.
Avery dancing with Uncle Kent.
Kendall napping with Grammy.
Avery hated going to bed every night when everyone was still awake. She would camp out by the railing so she could still see what was going on downstairs. This girl just hates to miss out on the party! I think she's catching up on her sleep deficit since we've been home because she's been sleeping 13 hours every night!
I got to see my friend Christy while I was home. Her son Oliver is Avery's age. They had fun playing together while we chatted.
Always fun to get together with Christy!
Her hubs is doing his residency in Denver so we always have lots to commiserate about.
Helping Grandpa take down the Christmas lights.
Avery always found the best places to sleep.
Coloring with Grammy.
The best way to watch TV.
We went out for salted caramel shakes at Smashburger. yummy!
Avery is still having serious poop issues. I had to give her three suppositories while we were there because the girls just will not go poop!! I'm about ready to take her to a child psychologist. Not joking!!
I set her up with a movie while we were waiting for the suppository to do it's thing.
Saying goodbye :(
It's likely that my parents will sell their house before we are back for another visit.
Trying to get a pic of these two goofy girls.
Every time we had Avery scoot closer to Kendall, Kendall would scoot away.
Sisters!
Kiss!
Avery has started to be a second mommy to Kendall and tries to "help" me when I tell Kendall to stay or not go down the stairs or drink this or whatever.
Kendall hates it, but I love that Avery wants to take care of her! (or boss her around). They have been playing together a lot since we've been home and it warms my heart!
Pictures with Grammy!
Three cute girls
Good thing the airport has these fun, funky chairs to climb on.
Kendall has become quite the climber these days.
She also did way better on the flight home so I might actually be willing to fly with her again.
Back at home and Avery back to taking naps on the back of the couch.
The girls are loving playing with all their new Christmas toys and are staying busy while I get the house put back together after our trip.
It feels like our vacation still isn't over because Tyler has a really light couple weeks of work. Half days and weekends off! Is this real life?!
















































3 comments:
I'm so glad you all came!!!! It was AWESOME!!!
Looks like so much fun!
What a fun visit for you and our whole family. We can't wait until we have you back again!
Post a Comment