So, big news! Avery finally let me put her hair in pigtails and I am so in love. How cute is this?!! I would do it every day, but I'm trying not to push my luck with it. The second day I put them in she didn't even cry so there is hope that I might get her to wear her hair like this more often.
One of Avery's past times recently is taking selfies on my phone. I have about 50 of these.
And another 50 of these.
Last week I finally was able to take Avery over to check out the new Children's museum here in Galveston. It's small, but they have tons of activities packed into it and Avery had a ton of fun checking everything out. She's a little young for a lot of the activities, but there was still plenty that entertained her. We got a season pass (only $20!) so any day I have a free morning I'm thinking I'll take her over there. It's so refreshing to have a place that she can roam around in and mess things up and it's actually encouraged! I'm so used to having to coral her when we're out in public, it's nice to just let her explore.
I took some pictures of a few of the activities...
This sand has some sort of polymer in it that makes it stick together more than regular sand. It's not nearly as messy as beach sand.
Blocks and train tracks.
This skeleton copies your movements. We had fun making it do Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes - Avery's new favorite song.
Another future Dr. Hedman. I guess she's going to be a pediatrician.
Fishing boat.
Tent and tunnel.
Lego wall.
And this is only a small handful of what they had! We haven't had a chance to go back yet, but I'm excited to keep taking Avery and give her some new activities to try. She's at such a fun age. She's learning so much and I'm constantly impressed by all the "big girl" things she can do. Good thing I have another baby coming... this girl is growing up too fast!
P.S. We had to use the fire extinguisher yesterday. I was trying to toast breadcrumbs in the oven with the broiler and they caught on fire. I was so glad we had the fire extinguisher right there before our whole apartment burned down!! Tyler was the hero and put out the fire. I was so glad he was home. I don't even want to think about our apartment catching on fire. So scary! Everyone go buy a fire extinguisher if you don't have one. Today I had to clean out the oven from all the fire extinguisher ash. That was super fun 8 months pregnant....not.












3 comments:
Wow that looks like a fun museum! And glad your house didn't catch on fire!
Avery's hair is so cute! Glad she let you do it that way. And so glad your place didn't burn down, how scary! But kinda funny, you know, after the fact :)
What a great place you can take her so often! She looks like she really liked it. Way to go Tyler!!!! Maybe you should have been a Fireman!
Post a Comment