We had the best time on our Anniversary trip to Austin! We have driven through Austin before but never stopped to do anything so it was fun to explore a new city. I got a lot of recommendations about where to eat and we barely made a dent in the list so we need to go back! I also loved that there were so many hike and bike trails so accessible and near the city. I can see why so many people love living there! We loved getting some alone time with no needy kids and no work and just taking a break from life! My mom came and stayed with the girls and they had a great time, as usual.
Before we left, we tried out our new bikes on a lake trail by our house.
A couple was fishing on the dock and let Avery and Kendall try to catch some fish. They loved it and didn't want to quit!
Kendall caught one!
And Avery was brave enough to hold it to throw it back in.
We stopped at Magnolia Market since it was on the way.
I wanted to eat brunch at Magnolia Table but the wait was 2 1/2 hours!
We found another place in town that ended up being really good!
And we got a cookie for the road from Tiff's Treats!
We finally got to try some Gourdough's donuts! All of them sounded so good to try, but we only got to sample 6 on this trip. So far Sin-a-bomb is #1 on our list!
This is the original Gourdough donut.
We went on a pretty hike.
This place was called Crepe Crazy.
It was the perfect girly lunch and Tyler was really nice to go with me.
This might have been my favorite meal. I wish they had one in Ft Worth!
Trying the chocolate-iest donut they have.
It was too chocolatey, even for Tyler.
We met up with some of our friends from Galveston who live in Austin.
They recommended Chez Zee, which was super delicious.
Trying more Gourdough's.
It was so fun to see the Poulsen's again.
Gourdough's donut burger.
I got a donut sandwich.
Biked around the city.
Hiked Mt Bonnel. The highest point in Austin.
You can barely see Austin in the background.
The capitol building at night.
Biking in McKinney park.
Stopped at the swimming hole.
More biking. Austin is so green!
Terry Black's BBQ! Super tasty!
We seriously did not have one bad bite of food the whole trip!
I got Tyler's medical school diploma framed for an anniversary gift.
It looks great in our new study!
The weather was so beautiful today. I took the kids to the zoo this morning.
They spend a lot of time just climbing on rocks.
I let them ride the carousel.
Reagan liked it for the first half and then got scared.
I won second place in the Engstrom family March Madness bracket!
What will I do with my prize money?!































3 comments:
Your trip looks like it was so fun! Good thing you got lots of exercise with the hiking and biking to work off all the donuts. Happy Anniversary!
Your anniversary looked so fun. You must be craving delicious food and poor Tyler has to eat it too. Or is it the other way around?
Happy Anniversary!! Glad I could come out!
The pic of Kendall with the fish is the cutest-in her cute dress and her little hands clasped together showing her excitement but nervousness with the fish! :-)
Post a Comment