Sunday, January 20, 2013

So I drank some wine... and other updates

All good things come to an end and we finally had to leave California and come back to reality.
But at least we got to come back in style.
Our flight out of Inyokern to LAX ended up being a private shuttle.
We had our stewardess take a picture of us living it up in our private jet.
We got to sit in the exit row for extra leg room and were provided with as many beverages as we could consume in 45 minutes.
Talk about first-class treatment.
Now this is flying!



Only 3 days after we arrived home, our little nephew decided to make his arrival. We can't believe he was so inconsiderate in his timing! 
Didn't he know we wanted to meet the little guy?!


Since being home we've been busy getting back into school, work and church responsibilities. Tyler is in his reproduction class, which is kind of fun since I'm working on a little reproduction project of my own.
(I think he should automatically get an A in this class, seeing as he has successfully reproduced... or will by the end of the class if everything shakes out right.)

Speaking of baby girl, I took a picture of myself today.
I'm finally filling out those maternity clothes I bought back in November. (Thanks Mom!)

Me and Baby Girl at 26 weeks.

Today in church, baby girl had hiccups for the first time. It was pretty fun! 
She shook my whole, enormous belly!
We were amused.

I wonder how much her hiccups had to do with the wine I had last night...
Every 6 weeks Galveston has an Art Walk in the downtown part of Galveston.
Artists put their work on display and you can come check it out (and purchase if you desire). 
At all the shops they usually have refreshments for the visitors. Usually it's wine  with cheese and crackers. It's all very refined.
Anyway, I am not usually accustomed to having wine served at events I frequent and I mistook the wine for some mouth-watering pink lemonade.
I got a whole cup full of the stuff, but one sip told me it most definitely was not lemonade. Oops!
Thankfully I'm not one who usually guzzles drinks. I only had a sip so I'm not worried at all about baby girl.
Mostly I think it's funny that the first time I accidentally had wine had to be the one time when it really matters that I don't!
Everyone knows you're not supposed to have alcohol when you're pregnant!
But maybe the sip was enough to get baby girl a little tipsy. Hence, the hiccups today in Sacrament. Sorry baby!


This weekend we also went to the temple with the youth.
It was hectic getting there (2.5 hours in Houston traffic, ugh!) but well worth the effort. We had several youth who were coming for the first time.
We had a great experience and snapped some pictures of the group at the end.


 Only two young women were able to make it this time.
Me and Mary (the shortys) are the leaders.
The tall ones are the YW. ha!

Tyler with the Young Men.

The whole gang.

It's been busy, but we're glad to be back!
Here's to hoping February is a little less eventful!

6 comments:

HR White said...

The Houston temple is pretty! So excited for you to be a mom, Chandra. (I'm excited for Tyler too, but something tells me he's not into blogging as much as you, haha)

Coreen said...

Poor baby girl having the hiccups-sounds like she didn't know what hit her. :-( You look so cute in your dress! And I loved seeing you and Tyler at the temple with all those great youth, the spiritual rewards sure make up for the bumps getting them there. What great leaders you guys are! I can just see Tyler razzin' those young men all the time-and I'm sure they love it! ;-)

Jenn Zabriskie Timmerman said...

You look so good! Keep taking advantage of all the fun things in Galveston, even after baby girl arrives. Just get a jogging stroller (the only way to navigate G-town's giant curbs) and go! You'll miss those things when you leave someday...

Stormie said...

Glad you guys are back! And it's fun that you're showing now. :)

I had a friend who accidentally ate some rum ice cream (a lot) in Europe and got drunk. So I'm glad you just got a sip. :)

Alan said...

I love the framing of the temple entrance/windows in that first picture.

Ashlee said...

Super cute mama you are! Hiccups are good for the lungs, right? When I lived in Milwaukee I quickly learned that little cups of anything, were alcoholic. Yes, even jello.