Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Caramel Apples

A couple weekends ago we got together with a bunch of our friends to make caramel apples. We did this last year and thought it was so much fun that we decided we needed to make it an annual tradition.
Our friends the Cardoza's were nice enough to host since they actually have a real house with... space. 
Not something we have a lot of around here.
Anyway, it was a total blast and we made a huge mess and it was tons of fun. Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera so I didn't get a picture of all the fun we had. 
The biggest improvement from last year was the caramel. The Cardoza's volunteered to make homemade caramel and it was sooo good. It also set up a lot quicker than the caramel we used last year so that made the whole process go a lot faster. Definitely doing that next time.
Caramel apples are pretty tough to mess up though.
You dunk the apple in caramel and stick on whatever else you think sounds good and it always turns out tasty.
Our favorite continues to be the caramel/white chocolate/cinnamon sugar combo. It can't be beat. I always want to make other flavors of apple, but I'm always disappointed later when we're eating them. I just want the white chocolate one!

Here's the one picture we took this year when we got home.
Delish!



2 comments:

Coreen said...

We are SO making these when you get here tomorrow!!!

Jessica Johnson said...

OMG!!! I am soooo buying a caramel apple today!!!